1. As .xls file is not backup data, there are some limitations to fully recover by exported .xls files.
We recommend use money_android.sqlite file for backup/restore.
2. In the case of the “import” function, you can distribute your data into three categories which are “Income”, “Expenses”, and “Transfer-Out”.
In terms of transfer-expenses, please indicate the sender’s account details at “Transfer-Out” whereas the beneficiary’s account details should be indicated under “Main Category”.
3. There would be some possible exceptions due to the complexity of conversion from MS Excel file.
If you have already recorded the name of your account, and their following categories, back up your data separately in advance.
Also, you need to carry out a trial run for this prior to the actual data import in preventing the failure.
As the below table suggests, you can record all your data at once by following MS Excel format.
You can sort your data in the following order.
Date – Account – Main Category – Subcategory – Contents – Amount -Income/Expense – Details
Follow the below date and category name format as below.
Date : yy.mm.dd or yyyy.mm.dd, e.g.) 20.08.09 or 2020.08.09
Category name or Account name use the same name as the app.
In order to prevent losing the previous data, backup is highly recommended.
Settings > Backup/Restore > Export Backup Files to Email to send the data to your personal email account.
1. Download the attached .xls file ( import.xlsx )
2. Write out the data on the .xls file, that you have downloaded.
3. When you are finished writing, click "Save As" on the File menu to change the file format.
4. Change the file type as 'Unicode(UTF-16)' and save.
* Note *
"Account" and "Category" field must be filled in advance. Otherwise, the data importation would fail.
Also, make sure when you save the Excel data, Save As > Unicode Text like the below screenshot.
5. Connect your phone to iTunes and drag the .txt file into Money Manager MoneyManager/import.
6. Run the application on your device, and go to Settings > Backup to confirm import.txt file has appeared.
7. Money Manager > Settings > Backup
Find the import.txt file that is newly appeared.