Regular backup is highly recommended in case of your device being lost, damaged, stolen, etc.
There are several ways to backup your data.
1) Backup on Google Drive
Settings > Backup/Restore > Google Drive > Connect > On, Daily/Weekly
As setting up your Google Drive account, Google Drive will automatically backup your data.
It is also possible to backup the file manually. Google Drive is online personal storage (Cloud Computing), therefore you can keep your data in case of your phone being lost, stolen, broken or etc.
2) Backup to the device
Money Manager > Backup > Backup/restore on device
(However, after version 4.6.0, Money Manager > Settings > Backup/Restore > Backup/Restore to Device > Data Backup)
This particular function backs up the data directly on your device.
Therefore, if you have misplaced the device or the device is broken, it may not be able to recover your data. Basically, the backup file is stored in "/MoneyManager" folder on your device.
(However, after version 4.6.0, it is saved in the /Download folder.)
3) Backup by e-mail
Money Manager > Backup > Export backup files to e-mail
You can send your data to your email account. The file is named as money_android.sqlite.
To restore, download the attached backup file (money_android.sqlite, money.sqlite, backfile.MoneyManager2). If you open the file, it will automatically guide you to the restore page in Money Manager.
You can also find the backup file in the '/Download' folder.
4) Automatic Backup
When you exit Money Manager application, Money Manager automatically backs up your data of the day in /MoneyManager folder, the file name starts with “auto_”.
However, please ensure that this automatic backup is directly stored on your device. So the data cannot be retrieved if your device has been misplaced or broken.
We highly recommend back up the data to Google Drive to help data management.
1) Restoring from the Free version to the Paid Version (Pro).
If you have newly downloaded the paid version, Money Manager(+PC), not from upgrading to premium from the free version, please follow these steps.
Money Manager (Free) > Settings > Backup > Backup/restore on device > Backup to device
Money Manager (Pro) > Settings > Backup > Backup/restore on device > Select the most recent backup file.
(However, after version 4.6.0, you can restore by going to the Settings tab at the bottom > Backup/Restore > Backup/Restore to device > Restore data > Select the file.)
2) Restoring data via Email
- Download money_android.sqlite, money.sqlite, backfile.MoneyManager2 files attached to the mail
- After the download is complete, if you select the file in the notification window, you will be taken to the Money Manager restoration page. Alternatively, if you select a backup file from /Download, you will be directed to the restore screen.
- Money Manager > Settings > Backup/Restore > Backup/Restore to Device > Select the appropriate file to proceed.
(However, after version 4.6.0, you can restore by going to the Settings tab at the bottom > Backup/Restore > Backup/Restore to device > Restore data > Select the file.
3) Restoring data via PC
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Find out '/MoneyManager folder'.
- Copy and Paste the backup file to the '/MoneyManager' folder.
- Money Manager > Settings > Backup > Backup/restore on device > Select the file
If the "/MoneyManager" folder does not appear, paste the file into any folder(e.g. /Download), then copy and paste in /MoneyManager directly.
* Restoring as .tsv & .txt files
We do not recommend restore your data with .tsv, .txt, or .xls file due to the level of complexity in order to do so as well as the stability of the restoration process might be at risk.