1. Download the attached .xls file ( import.xlsx )
2. Make the Excel data with the downloaded format.
・ You can sort your data in the following order.
Follow the below date and category name format as below.
Date – Account – Main Category – Subcategory – Contents – Amount -Income/Expense – Details
Date : yy.mm.dd or yyyy.mm.dd, e.g.) 20.08.09 or 2020.08.09
The category and account name have to be the same as the app setting.
'Account' and 'Category' fields must be filled. Otherwise, the data importation would fail.
・ You can specify your data into three categories which are “Income”, “Expenses”, and “Transfer-Out”.
・ For transfer-expenses, it is required to indicate the sender’s account details at “Transfer-Out” whereas the beneficiary’s account details should be indicated under “Main Category”.
3. Once writing up the data, click "Save As" on the File menu to change the file format.
Change the file type to 'Unicode(UTF-16)' and save.
4. Connect your phone to PC and locate the .txt file into MoneyManager/import.
5. Money Manager > Settings > Backup > Select 'import. txt'
Find the import.txt file that is newly appeared.
6. Press the + button to run to register the data to your device.
* Note *
・ As the .xls file is not backup data, this process is limited to fully recover by exported .xls files.
We recommend using 'money_android.sqlite' file for backup/restore. (How to backup and restore data)
・ There would be some possible exceptions due to the complexity of conversion from MS Excel file.
In order to prevent losing your data, backup your data to email or Google Drive in advance of the import process.
Please carry out a trial run for this prior to the actual data import in preventing the failure.