* For a more comfortable environment, we recommend using your PC when importing Excel data.
1. Download the attached .xls file (import.xlsx)
2. Go to Google Spreadsheet (https://sheet.new)
3. On Google Spreadsheet, click on File> Import > Upload > Browse > select the downloaded import.xlsx file and upload.
4. Type in the data in reference to the format of the attached file.
5. Make the Excel data with the downloaded format.
・ You can sort your data in the following order.
Follow the below date and category name format as below.
Date – Account – Category – Subcategory – Note – Amount -Income/Expense – Description
Date : mm/dd/yyyy e.g.) 11/15/2023
The category and account name have to be the same as the app setting.
'Account' and 'Category' fields must be filled. Otherwise, the data importation would fail.
・ You can specify your data into three categories which are “Income”, “Expenses”, and “Transfer-Out”.
・ For transfer-expenses, it is required to indicate the sender’s account details at “Account” whereas the beneficiary’s account details should be indicated under “Category”.
6. On Google Spreadsheet, click on File > Download > Tab Separated Values (.tsv) > Save
7. Save the downloaded file (.tsv) in the Download folder of your phone.
8. Go to Money Manager > More > Backup > Import Excel File > click on the Import Excel File button below > select the (.tsv) file in the Download folder.
9. Press the + button to run to register the data to your device.
* Note *
・ As the .xls file is not backup data, this process is limited to fully recover by exported .xls files.
We recommend using 'money_android.sqlite' file for backup/restore. (How to backup and restore data)
・ Please refer to the link below if you wish to insert sub-currencies into your Excel data.
(How to import bulk-data by Excel file with sub-currencies)
・ There would be some possible exceptions due to the complexity of conversion from MS Excel file.
In order to prevent losing your data, backup your data to email or Google Drive in advance of the import process.
Please carry out a trial run for this prior to the actual data import in preventing the failure.